Blazers add a whole new dimension to an outfit and can easily take your outfit from your morning coffee run to the cafe to your evening restaurant date.
My top tips to ensure your blazer is well-fitted:
- Firstly, do you like it or are you buying it ‘just to buy a blazer’
- Make sure the colours are that which you wear often – I would suggest in a neutral colour (see my previous blog post on neutrals)
- Now, look at the lining, the buttons… take it all in
- Is there a spare button?
- Check for snags or rips (even in the best shops, there can still be little abnormalities)
- Now, try it on over your top that you have on
- Make sure it is not stretched across the back
- Stretch out your arms in front of you, the sleeves should rest somewhere on your thumb
- Your blazer should be able to be buttoned up without you needing to pull on it (this also gives you a little room to wear different tops and blouses underneath
- Always size up if feels tight anywhere
- Make sure it isn’t made of an itchy material
- Finally… make sure you really like it! You do? Now BUY IT AND ENJOY IT!