I recently saw a library covering up books in brown paper and selling them, so that you can’t judge it on its cover. I really love this idea! Especially when it involves nestling up by the window with a cup of hot tea!
Here are some book recommendations from yours truly, however I encourage you to try reading one that you may not usually go for, it might just surprise you!
- Try reading a book about a movie you’ve seen – there’s often lots that doesn’t hit the big screen due to time constraints etc. I often find I actually enjoy the book more so than the movie!
- Try a book that will teach you something new about the world you live in!
- Adult colouring book… need I say more?
- Pick a different genre each month.
- Join a book club.
- Pick something new, like a baking book or book about gardening and learn a new skill!
- Check in with WHSmith’s top book charts.
- Ask your mum, dad, sister, brother, best friend, grandparent, neighbour – what their favourite book is!
- Finally, if you’re feeling brave – simply walk in to a book store – find a book that takes your fancy by cover and title (yes, judge it by the cover) – NEVER look at the back – buy it – read it – be surprised!